Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Korea Trip

Hello, so I've kind of decided to start a sort of fashion/thoughts blog after much thoughts so I hope I don't end up boring people heheh, I apologise if I do though.. But mainly for my first post I'm going to blog about my Korea Trip or what I can remember about it! I went for almost 2 weeks from April 1st to the 11th and I kind of paid for the trip by myself so I tried my best to control my spending.. HAHAH and of course I went with my Korean language classmate so it was just the two of us though I always went around Seoul myself. 

So I was the idiot who turned up at the airport on the 1st at 630am 
with basic makeup hahah ikr talk about being vain, I only realised that it was pointless
 when my friend was just wearing her specs..  

The view from the plane was absolutely amazing.
This was the first picture I took after landing in Seoul! Hahah it was right outside my guesthouse, I stayed at DongDaeMun 24 Guesthouse (: I dont have anyway pictures of that place but I would really recommend it especially since it has a great location and is fairly decent for what I paid. 
What I miss the most, STREET FOOD ):


Another thing that I really love about Korea is that you can eat in their public transports! Imagine being able to just eat breakfast in the train WHICH I TOTALLY DID EVERYDAY HAHAH its just so convenient and their snack food like their kimbap and the thingy that I ate was so ingeniously packaged.


1st ever OOTD in Korea right beside Hongdae's Stylenanda. (:

Dinner for two heheh 

Lunch the next day at this random cafe we found in Sinchon!

OOTD right outside Ehwa's Women's University. It was freezing cold that hot chocolate I was drinking was my lifesaver heheh, but I drank it too fast burning my tongue HAHAH

OOTD again at the subway station (: Forgive my uneven coloured legs heheh 

Followed my friend to Yesung's cafe - Mouse Rabbit (: AND YES I MANAGED TO CATCH A GLIPSE OF SUJU'S YESUNG heheh he was sitting in the cafe so I saw him from afar (: 

Selfie at night heheh

My favourite picture from Korea (: I took off my coat right the DongDaeMun Design Center dumped my stuff and shamelessly took my OOTD HEHEH it was such an experience though!
I WAS SO IN LOVE WITH THEIR HOT GREEN TEA LATTE <3


OOTD at the stairs outside my guesthouse (:

Lunch at the Garousu-gil district at 'School Food'. I tried their cream rice cake with bacon, it was delicious but super filling.

Alone shopping around the DongDaeMun district at around 2am and trying the potato hotdog which was so so so good. Its like an amazing combination (: 

Morning Selfie (:
OOTD again outside Hongdae's stylenanda this time (: I couldn't help it, I went to stylenanda at least 5 times in total HAHAH
My random shot in the subway because when will I ever get a chance to bring hot coffee into the train.

So I wanted to go visit the Han River at least once so I bravely just went alone and decided to just figure me way as I went, I kind of alighted one station later and ended up having to walk across this enough park in order to get to the Hangang but then again how often do I get to explore another country right? Oh, and did I mention I wore platforms my entire trip which I bought in Korea HAHAH I think I covered at least 5km in those shoes!


Climbed onto this structure and took a pano of part of the Hangang and the bridge (:

I was walking along the park and I saw a TV production crew filming! HEHEH 

A couple were feeding the seagulls (: 

Along the Hangang River ((: 

Yeapps, took that pano while eating my kimbap (: hahah


At Suju's Donghae's Mexican Restaurant 'Grill 5 Taco' (: I'm not exactly a big fan of mexican food but WOW the food there was amazing, its at Gangnam so do try it out if you're there (:

So this is just going to be a long spam of photos I took at the famous Gyeongbokgung Palace because I just wandered around for about 2hrs alone like typical tourist (:



















Dinner at Myeong Dong (: it was like 3 different types of spiciness! Hahah the naengmyun is so not my kind of food though, it takes a really long time to chew I ended up just swallowing it.... The kimchi in Korea was obviously of a certain standard and the chicken was just addictive (:

Back again at 'Mouse Rabbit' to have their Green Tea Latte again and I shared their honey toast that my friend recommended as well! If you're a lover of sweet things like me, it tastes like heaven (:

My final OOTD inside the palace in which this nice malaysian took for me (: 

Details for that day!

And finally ofc, my bare face to end off my longgggggg post hahah 

It was seriously an experience to travel there again especially this time without my parents and exploring around by myself (: I do speak a basic korean pretty well so it wasn't hard for me to converse with the people there although there were quite a number of people who assumed that my friend and I were koreans HEHEH such a compliment okays! I totally agree that the amount of good looking people is significantly higher than Singapore though (:

In total I spent around 2.4K in Korea with about 1k for flight and lodging (: I would say that I did spend a lot of money because I went there with a luggage weighing 8kg and came back with 16kg hahah, I took Cathay Pacific and it was a transfer flight stopping in HongKong (; There were many things I missed talking about that happened in Korea because well, I can't ft 10 days of experience here if not this post would be endless hahah, but thanks for reading (:

Till the next post.. (:




No comments:

Post a Comment